Have the first hour of introduction for free!
Benefits of using our services
By outsourcing the delivery of managerial services to us, our clients can focus on running their core business. Our services come with more reliable quality, clearer accountability and greater financial transparency. Our flexible availability allows our clients to use our services exactly when and just as long as it is sufficiently valuable for them. Furthermore, clients like to use our services for the following reasons:
Add profound experience
We master the tricks of the trade and are capable to benchmark cases, having repeatedly solved reasonably comparable assignments at similar organisations. By applying our experience and skills, we have been exposing business risks and unlocking different opportunities of countless cases first-hand. This allows us to get the right things done faster and with higher quality.
Add broad experience
We offer various services to numerous types of organisations in different industries for a wide range of functional disciplines, especially: marketing, sales, purchasing, quality, finance, human resources and IT. This managerial versatility allows us to unify and use the best of these diverse worlds. It also enables us to offer our clients refreshing perspectives, a holistic view and a lean approach.
Add independent views
We recognise, respect but are not conditioned or constrained by the organisational habits of our clients and the behavioural patterns of their professionals. As an independent outsider, we are less dependent on office politics and less distracted by power dynamics within organisations of our clients. Our exceptionally strong relationships with our clients and partners afford us a deep understanding of their operations. All this enables us to provide neutral observations, alternative views, objective advice and unbiased second opinions. Furthermore, ambitious professionals of our clients often spontaneously learn from our professional standards and copy our exemplary behaviour.
In a continuously changing world where time to market is essential, organisations have to act fast – when a client is temporarily short on managerial capacity, our services may be available on-demand and thus help to reap benefits earlier.
Accelerate and secure progress
Our clients use our services as a catalyst to help them realise ambitious goals: Our timeless enthusiasm for continuous improvement serves as a contagious inspiration. Being persistent self-starters, we remain on top of things, actually get things done and infuse this productive energy into our clients. Our involvement stimulates our clients to temporarily break free from their demanding hectic daily routines while keeping up with the steady pace of the assignment. This helps our clients to gain momentum and secure timely delivery.
We remove communication barriers: Being positioned as an external facilitator, we (informally and discretely) act as a proxy between individual stakeholders. This allows us to introduce, intensify and revive constructive relations between stakeholders and to (re)gain their commitment. Having actively built a large (in)formal network enables us also to (after everyone’s permission) introduce contacts to each other from similar industries, disciplines and seniority levels.
We recognise that sustainable customer satisfaction (if not delight) is of paramount importance to our commercial existence. Hence, we are committed to consistently meet the quality standards mentioned below, while we strive to exceed them. These overlapping and interdependent standards summarise most of the managerial wisdom we apply in our daily practice. They also indicate what we are passionate about to fundamentally explore further. Together they represent our philosophy, serve as our compass and core values – they illustrate how we think and act. All reasonably within the (contractual) conditions of the case and to the best of our professional capability and knowledge.
We conduct professionally
We abide by the guiding code of professional conduct which is meticulously defined by an internationally recognised trade organisation and centred on the following professional values:
- Professionally independent
We act transparently
We nurture the long-standing and close relations with our clients and believe that such relations rely on transparency. This means that we:
- offer our services with the most value for money for the client; not necessarily the lowest initial price.
- continuously manage mutual expectations with our clients by remaining in close contact with their directing contact persons.
- constructively challenge our clients with any relevant topic, including controversial and/or delicate ones.
We are practical
- To save lead-time and resources, we rather reuse best practices and proven out-of-the-box solutions, than reinvent them.
- We accelerate the progress and minimise manageable delays of our assignments, proactively or at least as soon as possible reactively.
- We work iteratively, whenever suitable.
- We intrinsically enjoy helping clients not only with defining, but also with actually applying practical managerial solutions.
- We avoid monolithic reports and one-way presentations, as they have at best only a superficial and temporary impact.
- We consider the soft side of organisational improvements (occupational psychology, organisational behaviour, work culture, team atmosphere, etc.) to be both the biggest threat AND opportunity for improving organisations sustainably. Addressing this practical and crucial aspect of organisational changes is integrated in all our work.
We start with the end
- Constructive relationships with stakeholders are absolutely essential for any organisation. So, properly managing these relationships deserves the highest priority. We take “sustainable delight of stakeholders” as the true north for our ambitious clients and use this end-goal as the starting-point for organisational improvements.
- We first help leaders with making their business more effective and then help managers with running that business more efficiently.
We deliver lasting solutions
- Whenever our work has or may have significant ecological and/or social impact, we feel it is our responsibility to address this with our client.
- Whenever we recommend managerial workarounds for urgent symptomatic relief, we also recommend solutions which address the underlying root cause.
- We help our clients (for example via management coaching and training) to continuously improve themselves and thus remain or as soon as possible become independent from providers like us.
- We make improvements stick for example by letting stakeholders (not us) implement and institutionalise these improvements. We define, analyse, involve, enable and engage the stakeholders, while we monitor their stakes throughout the transition process.
- We offer after-care (evaluation of the impact of our services, some period after we finalised an assignment).
We add extra value
We intentionally maximise our customer value and scale our impact, for example by:
- resourcefully anticipating major law changes and applying (innovative) technologies.
- promoting a culture of professional excellence in clients,
- contributing to the professional development of our clients’ managers whenever reasonably possible during their involvement in our assignments,
- spontaneously pointing out hidden business risks (also outside the scope of our assignments) and
- shared knowledge crunching, collective learning and joint scanning of business opportunities of sufficient net present value.
We offer economic terms
- Optimally using our network and public sources, we periodically monitor the competitiveness of our terms (for example regarding availability, responsiveness and continuity).
- We actively balance our budget for transportation, housing, marketing, sales, public relations and managerial overhead to keep our financial terms reasonable.
We manage the quality of our services
We control and assure the quality of our services, for example by:
- offering our clients (besides the operational connections with our professionals) a managerial single point of contact who is responsible especially for sustainable customer satisfaction and innovation,
- explicitly securing a constructive feedback loop with our clients, monitoring their satisfaction and following up on this most appreciated feedback,
- internally organising structured forms of reflection (for example via coaching, peer reviews and independent intervision),
- systematically applying (service specific) standards and (tailored) managerial best practices,
- assigning only (a high performing team of) absolute professionals for the delivery of our services and
- periodically evaluating our quality standards.
Environmental and social responsibility
Why and what
Though maximizing financial performance is traditionally considered to be the ultimate goal of organisations, it remains merely a means to an end. Given the fragile status of our only planet and its inhabitants, both non-profit and for-profit organisations need to turn into a force for the greater good. Profit ideally serves all stakeholders; not just to increase shareholder value for ultimate beneficial owners and/or bonuses for directors. Such transformation of existential focus includes redefining purpose and success, in a way that our economy becomes more inclusive and circular. Actually, such stakeholder participation nowadays often is a prerequisite for sustainable innovation and eventually thus business continuity.
For this reason, we genuinely aim to permanently raise the awareness of our clients about their net present impact on our shared environment and society.
- identifying and inviting relevant stakeholders,
- understanding their true purpose and (hidden shared) stakes,
- proposing them to apply sustainability standards (such as these from the United Nations),
- co-creating business cases with them,
- offering them a part of the results (co-ownership),
- keeping them well informed,
- arranging third-party validation of sustainability performance.
Types of stakeholders
During our assignments, we identify members of typically these types of stakeholders:
- Advisory Board
- Business partners (referrers, …)
- Certifying bodies
- Neighbours/ society
- Government (authorities/regulators, permission and subsidy providers, tax authorities, …)
- Investors (shareholders and lenders)
- News media
- Social media (influencers, …)
- Special interest groups (branch organisations, …)
- Staff (temporary and permanent employees, works councils, unions, …)
- Suppliers (incl. their subcontractors)
- Warranty funds
We accept assignments that are unique in terms of context, complexity and size. The type, level and amount of effort required to execute such assignment depend on different (overlapping and interdependent) variables with various statistical predictability. To help our clients expeditiously and keep our terms reasonable, we provide our services as a best effort (i.e. on a time-and-material basis) by default. Clients can procure this effort as a:
- subscription (i.e. a frequent batch of retained mandays during a specific project and/or calendar period) or
- credit voucher (i.e. a batch of retained mandays which remains valid during a certain calendar period).
In specific cases, we may be open to negotiating a (partial):
- fixed price (optionally with a shared risk-reward structure or contingency component) or
- legal and/or economic co-ownership (private equity with or without voting rights in a shared joint venture, for example).
Pre-contractual sales phase
Together with the prospect, we arrange an introduction to:
- personally introduce and present ourselves,
- determine the mutual match between the prospect and our firm and
- discuss the terms of the selected services, including their intake.
Contractual sales phase
As discussed during the introduction, we present a written offer (including the general terms and conditions), resolve possible questions about it and finalise the contractual paperwork.
Post-contractual delivery phase
- We plan the actual intake, during which we start applying our professional expertise: We confidentially discuss the contents of the particular case, including the background, goal, business case, strategic relevance/alignment, urgency, scope, stakeholders, assumptions (such as dependencies), approach, controllable risks and working (sub) title.
- In consultation with the client, we identify, analyse and involve the stakeholders (like customer representatives) to help secure their commitment.
- According to the agreed planning/modalities, we execute the rest of the case-specific assignment while we make sure the stakeholders remain ‘on board’.
- After our handover, we evaluate the assignment with the client and follow up on the received feedback.